Smith announces details of 2022 Children Cartoon Christmas Party
INDIANAPOLIS – State Rep. Vernon G. Smith (D-Gary) today announced details of the 2022 Children Cartoon Christmas Party, which will be held on Saturday, December 17, beginning at 9 a.m. (CT).
This FREE event will be held at the Glen Theater, 20 West Ridge Road in Gary, and will feature a drawing for toys and bikes as well as distribution of candy for all children in attendance. Normally, there are enough toys that all children attending receive a toy. Cartoons will be shown during the event.
“Everyone involved in organizing this Christmas party is hoping to spark the spirit of the season in all of our guests,” Smith said. “The smiles we hope to see on the children who attend will warm our hearts and souls.”
The 2022 Children Cartoon Christmas Party is being sponsored by area elected officials, including:
- U.S. Congressman Frank Mrvan
- State Representative Vernon G. Smith
- Lake County Treasurer Peggy Katona
- Lake County Auditor John Petallas
- Gary Councilman Cozey Weatherspoon
- Gary Councilwoman Linda Barnes Caldwell
- Gary Councilman Dwight A. Williams
- Gary Councilman Michael Brown
- State Representative Earl Harris Jr.
- Lake County Assessor Latonya Spearman
- Lake County Councilman Charlie Brown