State Rep. Sue Errington
State Representative Sue Errington served on the Delaware County Council and in the Indiana State Senate before her first election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012.
Errington currently serves as the ranking minority member of the Environmental Affairs Committee. She is also a member of the Natural Resources Committee and serves as vice chair of the Statutory Committee on Ethics.
A dedicated community leader, Errington has spent much of her life working to bring people together to get things done.
Errington has a long record of public service on local boards and commissions and with local, state, and national organizations advancing women’s rights and good government.
Current community service includes the board of directors of OUTReach, the Red Tail Land Conservancy’s Munsee Woods Steering Committee, the Land Conservation Fund Advisory Committee of the Muncie-Delaware County Community Foundation, the Delaware County Meth Health and Home Coalition, the Delaware County Tobacco Free Coalition, and the Muncie/Delaware County Coalition of Women’s Organizations.
Errington is a member of the National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (NCEL) and currently serves as a State Lead for Indiana.
She taught Spanish and later served 17 years as the Public Policy Director for Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky.
Errington lives in Muncie. She and her late husband, Paul, have two married daughters and two grandchildren.
Rep. Sue Errington has been a forceful advocate on behalf of Indiana’s public schools and has worked tirelessly to support Hoosier women, both advocating for women’s reproductive health and protecting them from the risks of cervical cancer. She has also fought for the legalization of medical cannabis oil, and to reduce the risks caused by the production and use of methamphetamines.
- Women of Achievement Award; 2008 – Ball State University
- Women Who Have Made a Difference; 1994 – Muncie-Delaware County Coalition of Women's Organizations
- ATHENA Award; 2007 – Women in Business Unlimited
- President's Award; 2004 – Planned Parenthood of Indiana & Kentucky
- Leading Legislator Award; 2015 – Tobacco Free Coalition of Delaware County
- John E. Worthen Outstanding Contribution to Education Award; 2015 – Indiana Academy Community
- Partner of the Year; 2017 – National Association of Social Workers Indiana Chapter
If you require assistance from Rep. Sue Errington, please utilize the form below. Alternatively, you can call or write a letter by using the information below.