Internship opportunity assisting the video director in conceptualizing, content creating, filming, processing, and editing of short film projects for an internet audience.
Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of the video director.
Searching for a creative, well-organized, self-motivated individual with confidence, excellent communication skills, and a professional demeanor. Applicants should have an understanding of basic video editing principles and computer hardware. Experience and a passion for government, public policy or political science is a plus but not required.
- Assist with planning, research, and location scouting.
- Log, capture and organize video footage
- Organize projects and edit footage
- Use technical camera and lighting skills to shoot interviews and on-location segments.
- Organize and prepare raw and finished footage, images, audio, and scripts for use in editing.
- Reorder and edit the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
- Suggest/or select music.
- Consult with the director, industry experts, and other stakeholders throughout the post-production process.
- Experiment with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements, and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using video editing equipment.
- Deliver the final product in the provided specifications.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in film/video editing and production
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical knowledge of camera, lighting, and audio equipment
- Previous experience with film editing, and familiarity using basic video editing software.
As an intern you will:
- Experience a semester of practical work at the Indiana House Democratic Caucus.
- Work in an office environment where you’ll gain teamwork and project management skills that are important in any career
- Begin to build your network of professional contacts
- Combine book knowledge and classroom instruction with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation
- Be provided the opportunity to meet the internship requirements of your degree program