For immediate release:
June 27, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS - Northwest Indiana state representatives have been appointed to several legislative study committees and commissions that will meet in the coming months:
- STATE REP. CHARLIE BROWN (D-Gary), Indiana House District 3, will serve on the Interagency State Council on Black & Minority Health, and the Interim Study Committee on Public Health, Behavioral Health & Human Services.
- STATE REP. EARL HARRIS (D-East Chicago), Indiana House District 2, has been renamed to the County Redistricting Commission and the Lake Michigan Marina & Shoreline Development Commission.
- STATE REP. LINDA LAWSON (D-Hammond), Indiana House District 1, will be a member of the Interim Study Committee on Corrections & Criminal Code; Legislative Council; and the Legislative Evaluation Oversight Policy Subcommittee Legislative Council.
- STATE REP. CHUCK MOSELEY (D-Portage), Indiana House District 10, will be a member of the Code Revision Commission, Interim Study Committee on Employment & Labor; Interim Study Committee on Pension Management Oversight; and the Workforce Innovation Council.
- HOUSE DEMOCRATIC LEADER SCOTT PELATH (D-Michigan City), Indiana House District 9, will serve on Legislative Council; Legislative Council’s Data Processing Subcommittee; and Legislative Council’s Personnel Subcommittee.
- STATE REP. MARA CANDELARIA REARDON (D-Munster), Indiana House District 12, was appointed to the Commission on Hispanic/Latino Affairs; Indiana Recycling Market Development Board; Interim Study Committee on Commerce & Economic Development; and the Legislative Subcommittee on Audit & Financial Reporting.
- STATE REP. VERNON G. SMITH (D-Gary), Indiana House District 14, was reappointed to the Commission for a Drug-Free Indiana; the Education Roundtable; and the Indiana Commission on the Social Status of Black Males. In addition, Smith will serve on the Interim Study Committee on Corrections & Criminal Code, and the Interim Study Committee on Education.
- STATE REP. SHELLI VANDENBURGH (D-Crown Point), Indiana House District 19, will serve on the Interim Study Committee on Commerce & Economic Development; Interim Study Committee on Education; and the Interim Study Committee on Energy, Utilities & Telecommunications.